Monday, July 16, 2018

Inspiration and Baptismal Date!

Hola amigos!

This week has been filled with sweat and tracting and miracles. Its hot and humid here in the mouth of Virginia. My companion is helping me stay hydrated by making sure that I drink at least 5 water bottles a day... its a work in progress haha!

We were on our bikes this week and we saw a hispanic man that was not in the area book so we stopped and talked with him and shared Alma 36 with him. He was very attentive and was  so respectful. He had apparently moved in just 3 days earlier! He has a wife and a baby and said we were more than welcome to come back. The spirit was so strong while we were talking with him. It was an amazing contact.

We were on exchanges this week and I went with Hermana Bowcutt. :) She is so awesome and we went and visited this less active in our area. He has had issues with the culture of the church and some things but he still loves the doctrine. He said if anyone ever bashes on Joseph Smith he will defend them and he will defend the Book of Mormon. He says that Joseph Smith is just like Moses, Abraham and Noah. So we are hoping to work more closely with him and get him back to church. He was super funny and saves all the cards that missionaries give him and hang them up in his house!

We also had an amazing experience with one of our investigators Roxany. She has been taught everything but just is a little nervous to get baptized. We had a lesson with her and her mom on Sunday and we had been preparing all week for it. I was praying the night before and right after my prayer I told Hermana Clark that we should invite her to be baptized on August 4th. I had only met Roxany a few other times but I knew that we should do this. Roxany attended girls camp a couple of weeks ago and had a great time with the leaders. So we invited two of the leaders to our lesson. It was hard with the language thing because Roxany understands englsih but only speaks spanish and the leaders don't speak spanish but it all worked out. We taught the plan of salvation and asked Roxany and her mom which kingdom they want to end up in. The said the celestial kingdom and they knew that they have to be baptized in order to go there. Maria (the mom can't get baptized right now but its going to come soon!) We asked Roxany if she would prepare to be baptized on the 4th and she said yes! It was incredible and I am so so excited for her! I am so grateful to be able to help her make this covenant. I have known her for lke 2 weeks and already love her so much!

We had zone conference this week and President Smith talked about the war in heaven and how we have been missionaries for so long and will continue to be missionaries for eternity. I know that is true and I know taht we are so blessed to have the knowledge of the Savior and His priesthood. I love the gospel with all my heart!

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment