Monday, September 7, 2015

Because Labor Day

Clearly, today is Labor Day. I've always known that Labor Day was a holiday that honored those in the military but I have never really thought much about it until today. I have put a lot of thoughts out to those serving for our country and I pray for the soldiers and their families. Recently I have read a couple of books and watched a few shows about the military. Yes, I know that they probably are not the most accurate when it comes to feelings and the technical terms and all that stuff. But they have definitely opened my eyes on the military. I am so thankful for everything our soldiers do. I cannot comprehend why people would want to go into the military, maybe because its because I'm selfish but I could not voluntarily go and get shot at. These people go through so much just to protect our freedom. I will never be able to express how grateful I am towards everyone and their contributions to preserving the independence we have.

Image result for military

 Now lets take a second and talk about the families of those that are serving. That takes some serious toughness. Their family member takes off and they have no idea whether they are going to come back alive or not. I don't know about you, but I am not quite sure if I could do that. I don't think I am strong enough. I could not go on with my life knowing that my husband, or child is being shot at. These people have incredible strength. I cannot wrap my mind around the feelings they must feel as they watch their family member walk away. How do you even say goodbye? I really don't think  I could do it. Now, if my husband were in the military I would support him but I would definitely need some support myself. So I guess what it comes down to is that Labor Day should be a holiday that we are thinking of our troops and their families, and send a prayer in their direction. Happy Labor Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! Maybe it should be a day of service in some way instead of watermelon and pool time. Or at least service before watermelon and pool time.

    ReplyDelete