Monday, August 24, 2015

Last First Day of School

Hey there folks! Today was my last first day of high school. It's a weird feeling and I don't feel like a senior and don't think I look like a senior. But I just need to face it, in 179 school days, I will be graduating. About two months ago thinking about this would have put me to tears. I avoided the topic and if anyone asked me about my plans after high school I would either cry or tell them that I am going to live in Disneyland and possibly turn into a cat. Now that I have figured out that I want to go on a mission, serve The Lord, and have a pretty solid degree option, I feel so confident going into my senior year. I am pumped. I have surrounded myself with great friends and know that Christ can help me get through this year. If my children and grandchildren are reading this, here is what I have to say to you.  Hopefully you have heard this from me already but if you haven't for some reason; being nervous and even a little scared for school is okay! People can be scary and the classes can be overwhelming. Find two or three friends that you can talk to about the scary things and be a good friend to everyone. Keep The Spirit with you at all times and try your best to not put yourself in situations that it will leave you. Even if people are telling you otherwise, you are loved by so many people including myself and your Heavenly Father. Always be open to make new friends and go to school things. Support your school and your friends, remember you only have one high school experience so don't waste it. I know it's a lot of pressure but I know you can do it.
Anyways, my first day of school went really smooth. I was definitely blessed with some really cool people in my four classes today. I kind of really love this new attitude I have because it makes me go into these situations more positive and then my day goes so much better. Anyways so my A day schedule is pretty chill and laid back with classes like, Women's athletics, SLCC human development, psychology, and SLCC English. SLCC English is probably the class I am least looking forward to because the teacher that I wanted to teach it left and I was really looking forward to having her and English isn't really my thing. You all are probably going to love me being in that class if you continue to read this because hopefully my writing will improve. I ventured into the library today which is pretty normal but the strange thing was I actually checked out a book. The first library book I have checked out in my two years of high school and I plan to check out many more! So that how my last first day went, nothing too exciting but it needed to be documented. All in all I'm really excited for this chapter in my life.
Oh, and here is what i looked like when I left the house on my last first day, I had a serious hair malfunction but everything turned out alright. (:
Thanks for reading! Definitely more to come from my senior year so stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. Love you! Stay on the path and enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. And remember, I am the queen of hair malfunctions. Let us not forget 1992, my bad hair year. I know you've seen the pictures. When you are having a bad hair day just say to yourself, "at least it's not Des' hair." 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie! Oh my goodness this is great- you writing. I must admit I'm a nosy teacher and have wondered how all my kiddos did the first day. No hair malfunction that's for sure - and I'm glad you are calm and having a positive attitude. I wish I were in SLCC with you too, but you're going to do great. Senior year can be full of pressure, but you are on top of it and don't need to worry- there is time. And are you writing a certain missionary? Wink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind! I'm glad you read this and caught my drift on the slcc teaching thing! You better be having a great time and leaving better have been worth it otherwise I'm going to be upset! (; Sadly I am not writing any missionaries and didn't talk to any certain bearded attractive man since the last day of school! (;

      Delete
    2. Jury is still out on "better time". I feel like I'm a senior again having to make big life decisions. There's always after the mission. In fact that can even be better than writing during (in my humble opinion).

      Delete
    3. I feel so bad for you if you are under the same kind of pressure I am. AGAIN. but the good thing so God is always on your side!(: I totally agree! I'll wait until after his mission and after mind until I go fishin(;

      Delete