Saturday, August 8, 2015

My tiny EFY experience

So I got invited to go to an EFY (especially for youth) in Twin Falls, Idaho with a friend who teaches EFY. I've never been to EFY before, so when I saw opportunity I wanted to jump on it so before I graduate to adulthood I could say that i did get a piece of EFY at some point in childhood. (Yes, I still consider myself a child.)
I was pretty pumped to go on the four hour drive with this friend because she's super awesome and we can have a lot of fun and talk about the gospel at the same time. We had some super awesome conversations and I loved every second! When we got into Twin Falls we realized that it is absolutely beautiful so I took some pictures. The pictures don't even do it justice though.



One of the lessons my friend gave was about self worth and on the ride up we talked a lot about Satan. In reality Satan should not impact our self worth but sometimes he does. One thing I realized was that Satan literally hates us. At first I was a little taken back when I thought about someone hating me. I know that there are people out there that don't like me but hatred is a whole different thing. But then I thought, if I want anyone to hate me I definitely would want it to be Satan. When we were in the car I had a "mind cannon" and I came to the understanding that Satan is a jealous hateful soul. He is an envious spirit and will do anything for us to destroy our bodies because he cannot have one. So next time you look in the mirror and see those insecurities whether they are physical or just anything you don't like about yourself, and Satan is in your ear telling you everything that is "wrong" with you, make sure you let him know you at least have a body. We have bodies and they have "flaws", we have flaws because we are not perfect but a "flawed" body is better than no body. Kick Satan out the door because you're too awesome to be thinking negativity about yourself. Satan does not decide yourself worth, Heavenly Father does and "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;" (D&C 18:10) We are children of a king and He loves us very very much and we are worth more to Him than anything in this world is worth. Thank you so much for reading!



6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh brother. .. clearly, I'm having issues with posting on here! Technology challenged at its best! :-)
    You were in my childhood stomping grounds! Idaho is beautiful! My girls all enjoyed their EFY experiences! Glad you got to go! Fun reading your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh brother. .. clearly, I'm having issues with posting on here! Technology challenged at its best! :-)
    You were in my childhood stomping grounds! Idaho is beautiful! My girls all enjoyed their EFY experiences! Glad you got to go! Fun reading your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous! Thank yo so much for reading my blog! (:

      Delete