Sunday, November 1, 2015

White Crayons

Today in Young Womens we found a white crayon on the ground. It appeared unused and comments were thrown around like "White crayons are the most useless crayons"and "Why are white crayons even a thing?". I am not sure why but this almost made me angry. Then I stood up for this little white crayon and said  "Its not useless it just depends on how you use it." then we decided that a white crayon is a perfect option for colored paper, especially black, dying eggs, and other activities. This conversation maybe lasted two minutes but it has really stayed in my head for the rest of the day.

Aren't we all just white crayons? During this brief conversation I realized we have quite a bit in common with this white crayon. We can go through life and try to make marks on white paper or we can find our canvas and color our own picture. Make our own impact on the world.  This summer I realized a fraction of what I am here for. I found my colored paper and am now starting to write out my own story. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for me. He has a plan for every single one of us. We just need to let him guide us in the direction that we need to go. Every single one of us is as useful as this white crayon. We just need to realize what we need to do here. I know that sharing our knowledge of this perfect gospel is something we can and should be actively doing. Teach others that they are useful rather than useless. If you have not found what you should be coloring on, I hope you seek to find it, and if you have already found that paper, I hope you are creating something beautiful.  I am thankful to those that have helped me find me find my place to draw.

1 comment:

  1. You are a girl after my own little make-a-metaphor-out-of-anything-heart! But seriously, that is so true. If we looked and amplified what is useful about others (and ourselves for that matter!) how different would we see the world. You are inspiring as usual. Go white crayons.

    ReplyDelete