Sunday, January 22, 2017

Unhappiness Does Not Equal Failure

Our society is so strange.  We try to be positive on social media to block out the all the negativity in this world.  Well a lot of the time this leads to only posting about happy things. I am the worst when it comes to this. I only post when I am happy. On twitter if I ever want to tweet something negative I go find an uplifting quote to put on instead which I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing but I fear that I come off as "fake" on social media because sometimes I don't post what I am actually feeling. But I will continue to do my best to walk the fine line of being real but positive on the social medias.

I have this problem and I'm sure others do too. I feel when I am unhappy I am failing. I have always been told that this life is meant for us to have joy, which it is. but we may not be joyful all the time and that's okay. About a month ago, I was feeling so sad, upset and I felt like I was no longer in control of my emotions. I couldn't cheer myself up and I was feeling as if I was not doing what I needed to be doing because I could not find happiness in a certain situation. I found myself praying for help because no one likes to feel sad and I got the most amazing prompting that came in a simple sentence. Unhappiness does not make you a failure. We can be sad or angry and still be on the right track. In fact we need to feel other emotions besides happiness and joy to fully understand this life. Opposition is necessary. (I know I talk about that all the time, and I will continue to do so.)

If you are finding yourself to be unhappy more than you feel you should be. Seek help and guidance. I know that Heavenly Father can provide both of those things for everyone. Whether or not you are a member of any church, you can ask Him for help. He is mindful of every single person at every single second of every single day. You are not failing. Falling, messing up, or even sinning does not make you a failure. I promise. You are loved, you always have been and always will be. Your happiness matters and I pray your life includes more happy times than anything else but if it doesn't, you are not failing and there are ways for you to find that joy and happiness again. Keep doing the things you should be doing and it will lead you to Christ which brings true happiness and true joy.

(found this on pinterest today and thought it was perfect! I love Elder Holland!!)

2 comments:

  1. Love it. You are so right - social media, happiness, portrayal, it is a fine line! Also, yes we are that we should have joy, but to every opposite...right? We are human and sad at time too. Love your mind. How is everything else going? Drop me a line.

    ReplyDelete