Monday, October 16, 2017

Another Week In Virginia

Hola amigos! :)

This week has gone by so fast. We found some new people to teach which is super awesome because the whole mission is struggling with that right now. We found this lady, her name is Lorena and she is so awesome. She immediately invited us into her house and told us how much she loves the bible. We were talking about why we are here and all that stuff so we shared some scriptures with her from the Book of Mormon which she accepted as the word of God so that was awesome! She is super family oriented and so we are excited to keep meeting withe her. :)

We had a lesson with a lady named Nancy. I can't remember if I told y'all about her or not. But she is Christian, doesn't drink, or smoke and is super open to the Book of Mormon. Anyways, we had a lesson with her and she hadn't started the Book of Mormon yet but she had read the entire restoration pamphlet. So we read the introduction with her and the testimony of the witnesses and she was so interested ans said she wanted to keep reading that afternoon!

We went on exchanges with the sister training leaders this week and it was so much fun! I love them. We went tracting and I had to speak in spanish to some people without Hermana Coleman which is terrfying. But I did it and they understood me! But we didn't find anyone. Combined, both companionships knocked on around 55-60 doors and we did not find any hispanic people to teach. But its okay because the next day we found two more people!! We found a guy, Carlos who opened up to us and cried a little bit about how he is missing God and is looking for a way back to him. So that was a really cool experience!

We drive a chevy cruz but I don't drive because I am not the designated driver..
We leave our house around 1 or 1:30  and we have to be back by 9 if we don't have a lesson but if  we are in a lesson or meeting by 9:30.

We got a new branch coordinator and he is so awesome. I am so excited to work with him. He has so many goals and we are going to really work with less actives because we have so many. I did not realize how mission oriented wards and branches are suppose to be. that is the goal of this church and I guess I just thought of myself so much at home that I didn't realize how much missionary work we are supposed to be doing all the time. :)

We went to the capital today for zone pday:):) it was super awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment