Monday, October 30, 2017

Week With Lots of Walking

Hola friends!

I am glad you guys think of me. I think of you all a ton.

I am glad you watched the video. I shared it hoping you would watch it and see me! I definitely do not believe the bible is all we need. The Book of Mormon provides such a clarification of our life here. If you go back and read Elder Nelson's talk from conference, it has the lists he made since reading the Book of Mormon last conference and it is super cool!

This transfer was a 7 week transfer so transfers are this Wednesday. They do transfer calls on Saturday to tell everyone who is leaving but if they don't call you then your companionship is not impacted. We were waiting for a call because Hermana Coleman has already been in this area fro 3 transfers but we never got one so we are staying together! 

I am enjoying my time as a missionary. I love our branch. They are so awesome. We have dinner fed to us like 3-6 times a week. It really just varies. But I will never go hungry when being fed by members. They give us so much food. Its insane. We also get fed lunch every Tuesday at this place called La Cabana. He is a less active that likes to feed missionaries and we get street tacos. Its awesome.

This week we realized that we were running out of miles we could drive. So we had to plan out our days with ways that we could just walk and find people. So there were several days where we just walked like all day. It was kind of nice to get out and walk. :)

Because we were walking so much, we ran into a less active that lives in our area and we are going to go teach him this week. It was super weird. He saw us and he was like "hola!" so we decided to talk to him and his was like "aren't you guys mormons?" and we said yes and he then he told us he was a member and it was super funny because that never ever happens here.

Then we found this really awesome girl. She is 19 and was super open to listening to us. When she lived in Venezuela she went to a bunch of different churches because she doesn't know which one is right and so the message of the restoration was super cool for her because she knows exactly how Joseph Smith felt when he was looking for a church to join. I said the first vision to her and instead of asking "did that really happen?" She took the pamphlet from my hand and said "wow that is awesome, I want to go to your church!" she asked for the pamphlet and the book of Mormon and wants to learn more.

On Friday we had our trunk or treat and it was super fun! someone that we teach english to actually came and it was super awesome. People here go  all out for halloween.

We have found so many people to teach this week that we have appointments every night already! except tuesday because we are not allowed to leave our house after 6 pm because Halloween here is sketchy. Fun fact about virginia: there are no street lights so when the sun goes down it is super dark and slightly sketchy and slightly scary to drive but its all good!

I am memorizing the Living Christ. As a mission we are doing a 100 days of strengthening conversion. Because we are going to the temple as a mission in like 93 days!! I am so excited!! :)

I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!
Street Tacos
Us and a member who fed us and two girls that came finding with us on Thursday
us and a member who dressed up for the party

No comments:

Post a Comment