Monday, February 26, 2018

1 and done?

Hola amigos!

So transfers are this week and both Hermana Clark and I are leaving Stafford. I am so so sad. To do one transfer and done here is so lame. I love this area and the people so much but not a ton is happening in our area right now so its all good. President Smith told me that I will be opening a new area :) So I am exctied for the new adventure!

This week I had a super cool experience with being an instrument in the hands of God. We were at a members house for dinner and the father does not feel ready to go to the temple because he still makes some mistakes! like minor things like forgets to read or will raise his voice at his kids. But we felt prompted to tell him that God wants him to go and make those covenants with Him. It was a really powerful experience. I know I was the one moving my mouth but I wasn't the one speaking. If that makes sense? We shared part of the talk "Be ye therefore perfect, Eventually" by Elder Holland and it was just really powerful.

We had a lesson with this less active and her 11 year old son. it was so good. We shared the restoration with them and committed them to come to church the next day. Then we invited them to this activity we were having that night. As a stake we were going to watch "Meet the Mormons"and we really wanted them to come. Well the mom, couldn't go but the son was a little sad and said "yo quiero ir" (I want to go). So we told him that he could get dropped off and we would just hang out with him. And he agreed! But then a couple of hours later, eh texted us and said he was scared to go without his parents but we told him to come and he ended up coming! It was so awesome. We asked him how he liked the movie and he said "I am speechless" it was so precious. He was telling everyone that he really wants to come back to church. It was so cool. So much faith for an 11 year old.

I got to speak in church on Sunday,... IN SPANISH. It was terrifying but I did it and people actually understood what I said and the Spirit was there. It was cool. Super scary but cool. It was only like a 7 minute but great strides.  I love Spanish!!

I love you all so much

No comments:

Post a Comment