Monday, April 2, 2018

The Lord is Hastening His Work in VA and the World World

Hola amigos!!

Wow this week (especially this weekend) has been one to remember. The temple announcements almost brought me to tears. I was sitting in a chapel with a bunch of missionaries and 3 elderly people (well over the age of 80). I think every one of them left the ground when they announced the temple in Richmond. The people in Virginia have been waiting for so long and i am so grateful that the faithful people here will have a temple in their state. I will cherish this memory forever. I am grateful the work is still hastening in Utah. Another temple is so exciting! Russia and India?!?! How awesome is that? I thought of the people I know that have served in Russia and how excited they must be! This truly is the Lord's work and I know that He is in charge. I am grateful that He has let me be apart of it.

To participate in a Solemn Assembly was just wow. I don't have words. It was so amazing. I recieved several confirmations through conference that Russell M. Nelson is a prophet of God and he has been called to direct The Church of Jesus Christ. The changes in the church are inspired. Bishop Gerald Causse said that this church is about people and I know that through these changes God is focusing on the people and their personal needs. I hope we all take theses changes and run with them so we can increase the building of the kingdom of God! I loved ever single one of the messages but I loved President Uchtdorf's message. I have been studying the life of Christ and have really been studying His last week. I loved the stress of President Uchtdorf saying that this event was the most important of all history because it truly was. I also loved that he said "The most important day in our lives is when we learn t Behold the Man and commit to follow him. May that be a day that occurs over and over in our lives." SO POWERFUL. This should be happening several times in our lives and I had this experience during conference. I commit to follow my risen Savior. I know He lives.

This week we had an interesting interaction with a Pentecostal woman. She had so many questions.. the first one being "are you Jehovah witnesses?" and they didnt want to hear from us. But once we told them we were from a different church they were a little more open but they didn't want to listen to us. We convinced them to watch the Prince of Peace and they really liked it. But they had so many questions like "why do you wear that and does everyone have to dress like that?" and "what are you rules?" It was terrifying because they were already so closed off and if we said something they didn't like then they would just stop listening but we eventually taught them the restoration and it was super powerful. The Spirit guided this conversation. I felt the gift of tongues working because I could understand everything they asked and I felt like words were being put into my mouth. Super cool.

Anyways! I hope you all had a great general conference! I am excited to re read all the talks!

No comments:

Post a Comment