Monday, November 19, 2018

Family History to Find?

Hola amigos!

We have plans for Thanksgiving but with a family that doesn't speak any English so I'm pretty sure It won't be super Thanksgivingy haha but it's all good. It won't make me miss home too much because it will just be so different hahaha. Yes we teach young women's every week. It's super fun but hard because young women don t talk hahaha

We are still teaching Robinson. Something cool that happened is that we went over one day for dinner and Robinson told us he had come home early from work and was working on family history and wanted help with that. We had literally come prepared with a lesson on temples and family history. Then the next day we had a zone conference where we talked about family history for like 2 or 3 hours. So that was awesome. Other than that the work has been pretty rough this week.  We have talked to a lot of people lately but no one is really interested. We are trying to be creative with our finding efforts so we are hoping that will be helpful.

Like I mentioned earlier we had a zone conference about family history and it was awesome. On my mission I have been called to repentance multiple times to become actively involved in family history. We were shown ways to use it to find people to teach so after zone conference we go and put it to work. People are pretty interested. On exchanges I talked to this lady about family history and she told us to come by in a couple of days. So we were pretty excited. We text her to confirm the appointment and she said she was busy so we tried to reschedule for Sunday and she then just said "I have something on Sunday but how about you come over on Saturday and have dinner with us?"  We are stoked. No one ever does that haha but we get there on Saturday and knock the door and nobody was there. We called and texted and She never answered. We totally got stood up HAHAHAH. We were pretty bitter but now we just laugh.

I am grateful to have Thanksgiving this week where we can really focus on the blessings God has given us. I have seen so many in my life and feel like I receive more and more every day. I know that God is aware of us in every circumstance and that we all have things to be grateful for.

I love you all and hope you have a great Thanksgiving! I'm grateful for ya! 🦃
 

No comments:

Post a Comment