Monday, January 14, 2019

Crazy Week Back in Virginia

Hola amigos!

It has been hard but good being back. I find when I am out doing the work I am pretty good but mornings and evenings in the apartment are rough. Part of me feels like I am putting off my grieving by being out here because I don't think about it often. I know talking about it would be good but I just don't know what to say. But I am doing okay and will survive.

This week has felt soooo long. We did a lot this week so I guess that is good. We did get to go to Angel's baptism on Wednesday! It was so great. I have never seen him so happy. He didn't want a big baptism or a program or anything like that. So we got there, took some pictures, sang a song and said a prayer and then he was baptized. He was so so happy and it was awesome.

On Thursday we went and helped a recent convert move some furniture in her trailer and that was an adventure haha. There is so much stuff inside one trailer. One of the rooms you can hardly open the door because there is just so much stuff. But after that we both felt like we should go try this referral and we did and she let us right in. We taught her the restoration and she was excited to read the Book of Mormon!

We also had exchanges with some hermanas and I got to go to the more sketchy part of Richmond so that was exciting :)

We also found this super cool lady in our apartment complex this week and we went back for the return appointment on Saturday and she wasn't there and we were pretty sad but we decided to  try again on Sunday and we ended up teaching her and her husband the entire restoration!! It was super powerful and the spirit was super strong. She had tears rolling down her cheeks after the opening prayer. They were super attentive the entire time and are going to study the Book of Mormon and we have a lesson with them on Wednesday :) We are so so excited! 

That's the cool stuff that happened this week haha! This next week we will be pretty busy too so i am excited about that. It still feels like I won't be home again for 33 years haha. Its also weird because I feel like I was just home but at the same time I never came home. Its hard to deal with this on a mission. I love you guys and miss you even though I just saw you haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment