Monday, December 31, 2018

Dec. 31

Mom and Dad,

I don't really know how to respond. I know that you know how I am feeling. Its been hard. On Friday I took the day to kind of figure out what was happening and tried to nap. Sleeping has been hard for me. But on Saturday I was back to work but we haven't had a ton happen which I am kind of grateful for because any time I talk about doing hard things or the Savior, I tear up then I try to hold it back and then I get a headache haha. I have felt the prayers of everyone though. I feel like I have strength that is not my own right now.

I am excited to be home with you all for the weekend even though it will be hard. We can do hard things. even flying alone haha I am super nervous about that but I should be fine.

My prayers are centered around our family and Christina and Wyatt. I hope they are finding some sort of peace during this time.

I don't have much else to say about this week since I talked to y'all on Tuesday and Friday haha. We had dinner on Christmas with this young couple form the ward that both served Spanish speaking missions. They are so cute and even got us stockings.

We have been studying the Living Christ and I am pretty sure I have shared this part with you before but it brings me a lot of comfort

"We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary" I know that is true for the life of Jesus Christ and I know it is true for Tyler as well. I know his life is not over and that we will see him again. I know it will be a while and that its not going to be easy here without him but I know that just like President Monson says "its as if he went into another room". He is doing other work and i know that we will be together again. It brings me a lot of comfort to know that he is a covenant keeper and has all the essential ordinances. The knowledge we have is incredible and I am so grateful.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment