Monday, December 3, 2018

Family History and New People to Teach

 Hola amigos!

I can't believe its December. You guys have snow while its like 60 degrees here haha!

My companion and the branch president and i just played basketball for like 3 hours... he is from mexico but his like 6 foot 2 or something and his mom is a professional basketball player in mexico.. he plays a lot like Brandt. haha it was a lot of fun.

This week on an exchange I went with a sister to visit a lady named Judy. The sisters were teaching her but then she told them she didn't want to continue and they showed her family history and she had a lot of interest in that. So we go over to help her set up an account and get started. I mostly just sat there because I don't know much about family search but once were we done helping her she asked "Why does your church think it is so important to do this?" I explained baptisms for the dead and how we need to do family history to be able to give the people that have passed away the opportunity to accept the gospel. I shared some experiences I have had while doing baptisms for the dead and it was awesome. Then she figured out that I was almost done with my mission in Virginia and she asked what has been the most important thing to me  here and I shared with her that it has a been helping people coming closer to Jesus Christ, including myself. The spirit was so strong and we were all trembling because of it.

We also had some great lessons with Robinson and  Zulma. On Wednesday we went and we talked about what impedes him from being baptized and how he just needs to make the choice. I don't remember much of what was said during that lesson, just that the spirit was incredibly strong. Then on Sunday, our branch president was talking about some things that I said and I don't even remember saying them which I always feel like is a cool thing because I don't really think it was me talking. Robinson is progressing and wants to be baptized but he is still super worried about tithing.

On Sunday we fasted as a mission to help us reach our goal of 280 convert baptisms by the end of the year. (we currently have 230). Hermana Barton and I saw some miracles from this fast. WE were able to teach the restoration twice on Sunday night to people that really have interest. We asked a man, Rene and his wife Jaime, what they would do to live with God again and they said they would listen to everything we have to say and read and pray. Which was awesome so we are going back on Wednesday!

We did get to watch the devotional and it was incredible. I loved the talks and the Hallelujah Chorus at the end was epic! Robinson and Zulma watched it as well!  I loved that the prophet talked about desires and what our true desires are. I also loved Elder Stevenson's talk about our spiritual heart health. I know  that as we focus on Jesus Christ, our spiritual heart health will get better and better!

I love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment