Monday, November 13, 2017

Help! I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

Hola friends!

Wow this week has been a blur. It got super cold here. We had a day where every single one of our appointments fell through and it was rainy and it was super sad. And that's all.

We had exchanges this week and I was with Sister Ruffner and were were going to go talk to a potential investigator and we rounded the corner and we hear "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!" Yes. Just like the life alert commercial. Well an older lady, Helen, had fallen and been outside for 10 minutes.  It was so freezing and all she was wearing was a turtle neck and some sweats. So we helped her inside and she had hit her head. Anyways the sisters went back the next day and she had broken her wrist. But she has security cameras and is telling and showing everyone that the Mormon missionaries saved her life! So that's super awesome!

Yesterday we had an appointment with a man and we went to knock on his door and a different guy answered, Jorge. We started talking and he was like oh yeah, I know your church! A guy I work with is always reading the Book of Mormon and inviting people to go to church! We were like, "oh who is it?" and he said Javier. JAVIER IS ONE OF OUR INVESTIGATORS.  He is so cool and just invites people to church and stuff its so awesome. But wait it gets better. We gave Jorge a Book of Mormon and then he asked if he could have a second one to give to a friend! So it was so awesome!

Today we went to  the Holocaust Museum and that was super cool but extremely depressing. I am so thankful for the religious freedom we have. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!!
We went to a pretty lake last week
our investigator Javier, we have no idea what he is wearing
Sister Ruffner, Hermana Coleman and I

No comments:

Post a Comment