Monday, January 22, 2018

Hola Friends and Family!



So I am in Stafford. Its the most Northern part of our mission :) This week has been a little crazy because the transfer day got moved to Tuesday due to a "snow storm" that was coming. So I have been here since Tuesday. My new companion is Hermana Clark. She is from Park City. She has been on her mission since September. So yes, I am the senior companion and am expected to know more Spanish hahah. That also means I get to drive. So that is fun. Virginia roads are super crazy!

My last night in Henrico was a blast. We had a family home evening and our investigators came! It was so sad to tell them that I would be leaving. But hopefully I will be able to go back for their baptism. :)

My area in Stafford doesn't have a ton of investigators so we are spending our time doing a lot of finding. We haven't found any Hispanics to teach this week but we have found some English referrals that were super cool! One of them took the Book of Mormon and then wanted to give us a donations haha!!

We have an investigator whose name is Cindy. She wanted to be baptized last year but her parents will not let her. They won't let her come to church either but her faith is incredible. She shared her testimony with us about reading your scriptures every day and doing the little things to maintain her testimony. She is so incredible and is trying to move to San Diego so that she can be baptized. I have only met her once but have learned so much from her.

I have been reading some conferences talks lately and a lot of them tell the story of Joseph Smith in liberty jail when he is told "thine afflictions will be but a moment" and then basically gets told, so "endure it well". It has really helped me keep an eternal perspective about moments that are hard! Hard times will pass :)

I love you all so much!!
Displaying 20180122_132824.jpg
Me with Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment