Monday, October 22, 2018

Paella.. yummm

Hola amigos!!

I am interested to see what happens with two hour church. I am grateful because that means I probably won't have to speak as long when I speak when I get back! haha! But I am excited to study the new testament next year. I think might annoy you guys when I get home because I miss ya and I am going to want to spend like every second with you guys and I think being alone might be weird so just prepare yourself.

This week was pretty administrative.. as in we had several meetings, interviews with President Smith and two exchanges. It went well though!

We had three lessons with Robinson and Zulma this week! They are progressing really well. Robinson is in Jacob in the Book of Mormon and he is trying to download gospel library on his tv so he can watch the conference talks on there. He still will not commit to a baptismal date though. He says he has "a lot" of things he needs to work on. So he is slowly taking out his earrings and he said he is trying to stop swearing. We told him those were good things to work on but that it doesn't need to hold him back from being baptized. They went on to tell us how much their lives have changed since they started meeting with us. Just a few weeks ago they didn't feel as if they had a purpose here on earth and didn't believe in God and wanted to end everything and now they are happy and excited to be alive. We reviewed the plan of salvation with them and when we talked about the spirit world, we explained baptism for the dead. Zulma wants to get that figured out so she can go (she is already a member) and Robinson thought it was very interesting. He is praying about a baptismal date and we will talk about it with him tonight! On Saturday they had us over for dinner and made us something called Paella. Its a dish from Spain (they are from el Salvador.. haha) and its rice with shrimp, chicken and mussels! :) It was super yummy and they got us dr. pepper because I had briefly mentioned that it was my fav drink. So they are the best haha!

Small miracle! On exchanges the other sisters called us and asked if we could meet up and bring them some Spanish book of Mormons so we met by a former's house. Well that former was outside and we went and talked to him and he committed to read the Book of Mormon and meet with us! Then we were at McDonald the next day using their wifi and he was there and told us that he would see us at our appointment! So that was super cool. Being in the right place at the right time!

We had interviews with President Smith and that is always an edifying experience. He shared with me the story of Gideon from Judges 6 and how he asked God to show him that he had his back when he was going to battle. President Smith invited me to do that same thing, not ask for a sign but pretty much ask God how he feels about me and my efforts! It has been pretty cool as I have felt how God feels about me as his daughter and servant. Everyone should do it too :)

I know that God is aware of us and is helping us through every step of the way and he wants us to be successful in all that we do!

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment