Monday, October 8, 2018

We are looking for a Juan Carlos

Hola amigos!!

I loved general conference. I was in complete shock when they announced the changes in the church schedule but I am excited!! I have already looked at the study guide for next year and it looks awesome. I loved the emphasis on shepherding and service. I loved the story and picture of the sheep dog. I loved how determined he was to guard his sheep. 

This week we taught Rosario and Miguel and their five kids the plan of salvation and then invited them to be baptized. They said it was too early but now they would like to start meeting with us regularly so that they can feel ready and feel like they know enough! We went back later in the week and helped them download the app on their phones so they can listen to the Book  of Mormon!

We taught Zulma and Robinson twice this week as well. They are still consistently reading the Book of Mormon! Our branch president came with us to a lesson and they had a really cool conversation about how the Book of Mormon is about their ancestors. Then at the end Presidente Manriquez felt impressed to tell Robinson and Zulma that God loves them and He knows that they have been far from God but he is watching out for them and wants them to come back. The spirit was so strong and everyone in the room got teary eyed including the English speaking sister that was with me and didn't understand what was happening. I know that this is true with all of us and just like the father in the parable of the prodigal son, God is watching and waiting for our return and when he sees us, he runs to meet us and walks us back home.  I love that aspect of the gospel.

On Sunday a person who we had given a book of Mormon to a couple of weeks ago that I met on Facebook came to the church and watched general conference and he wants to meet again to read the Book of Mormon with us.

Sunday evening we knocked on a door that a member had told us was a Hispanic household. So we knock and an American lady answers.. so I said we were looking for a Juan Carlos hoping that she would point us to the right house but she looked at us and said "How do you know Juan??"  I panicked because I didn't anticipate that  a Juan Carlos would actually live there.. but Hermana Bray said "one of your neighbors said he was really cool..."  and then she told us we could come back later.. Then we went to Hermana Ogden's house ( the member) and told her how we looked super creepy hahaha!  not sure if that made sense haha!

I love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment