Saturday, August 26, 2017

Are You Guys Real Missionaries?

Mom,

My companion attends Utah State. She loves biology and anatomy! She wants to be a dentist or an orthodontist. She doesn't like Disneyland because she doesn't like the crowds! I think she may be more sarcastic than I am!! She is the youngest of 6 children!

The biggest thing I have learned at the MTC besides spanish is, THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME. I have learned that I think about myself way too often and that this is about helping other  people have the same oppurtunity I have had by coming unto Christ. Turn outward when I would normally just think about myself. My mindset is starting to change and its awesome!

On Monday we had exersise time during the eclipse! So we went outside and played spikeball and we borrowed some Elder's glasses so we could look at it and that was really cool!

Our devotionals this week were pretty great! Kenneth Cope, a singer, came and spoke to us and sang to us about Christ. His music is pretty great and he made us all aware that "we share the same papa"! So now our whole district constantly tells each other that we share the same papa! Its super funny!! On tuesday Elder Weatherford T. Clayton came and spoke to us and I loved it. He compared the eclipse to our lives and sometimes we can still see the gospel or the sun but the moon is blocking the way! It was awesome and I seriosuly love devotionals so much.

We have continued teaching our investigator, Adrinna, this week. She is catholic and so we had to explain why the fall was a good thing and part of the plan. Doing that in English can be sort of confusing so doing that in Spanish was all sorts of hard! But we think we made it clear and if you use scripture in your lessons it makes everything so much better!   So she loves the book of mormon and says its "muy bonita" every time she reads it. Which is great but i'm sitting there like "is it pretty enough that you believe it???" She also says she loves the way our church and information makes her feel but she doesn't want to disrespect her parents by getting baptized. ON friday we got to bring a member again and we had the same member!! that is like unheard of in the  MTC so I was so pumped! I was telling her how excited i was and the member said "sister, speak spanish"! But after that lesson our member was saying how our investigator is so close!! Its super awesome!

So our current classroom on the 5th floor is under construction so we got moved to the 1st flooor in the classroom that they used for the tours so people were constantly watching us learn and it was awkward! but one time someone asked us "Are you guys real missionaries??" It was super funny but also super weird. Like ya dude, the church just asked some random people to come act like they're learning spanish.

So the tours are officially over and I'm super sad about it! I loved seeing so many different people especially all the little kids. I also  loved the possibillity of seeing people I know so that is super lame but its all good! Seeing Lesia this week was super awesome!  We ran to each other and I am pretty sure it was super un lady like but its all good!

I have seen Harrison Hayes here so thats pretty cool! He got here like a week and a half ago!

I have played baksetball several times! There is a Hermana that lives next door who plays and its super fun! I wish I could guard the Elders but that is definitley against the rules so thats lame! But its all good, I still school em ;)

My spanish is improving. Sometimes I get super overwelmed and feel like I will never learn but its all good! I think I will be okay but I am nervous for when I get to the field and am supposed understand people that speak super fast!

Oh! And i saw Adhieu!! She works in the cafeteria! So I may get to see her more!! :)
My roommates and I in front of the legendary map!
Hermana Hathaway and I. Shes the one who plays basketball with me! She leaves a week before me and I may cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment