Saturday, August 5, 2017

P-Day is Today!!!!!

Hola amigos!

P-day Saturday!!!!  These first couple days have been really long but I also feel like I don't have enough time in the day to do everything. My companion is Hermana Powell. She is from Bountiful and is going to Modesto, California. Our personalities mesh really well,  we are both really sarcastic and we learn a lot a like so that is  nice. We are sharing a room with two other girls, Hermana Welsch and Hermana Anderson. Hermana Anderson is from Idaho, we all joke that we are twins because we share birthday. We are always with them, it is like we are in a trio almost.

We all taught our first lesson yesterday and that was seriously so hard. I couldn't understand anything he said and he had a hard time understanding us because our Spanish is so broken. Its hard to not get down on ourselves but I am trying to stay positive. I don't think my companion trusts me quite yet when it comes to teaching so that is kind of frustrating. 

The food here makes you feel like you're eating fast food and I don't love it. but its alright, I promise I am eating it anyways. People here are always so nice. I love it. I miss home but its alright. I am sure it gets easier. I can do hard things.  Spanish is rough but I have to remind myself that I have only been here a few days. I always tell myself "Puedo hacer cosas dificiles" I can do hard things. Please continue praying for me because this is hard. 

Also, I can say my testimony in Spanish and pray. Its not to awesome and I have to read it most of the time but I can do it.

I love all of you guys and would love to here from you all! Thanks for all your love and support!!
This pic is of my roommates, my companion is the one right next to me

No comments:

Post a Comment