Saturday, August 12, 2017

Be Happy, Have Cheer, and Count Your Blessings

Hola familia!

I GOT YOUR PACKAGE and it was amazing. Thanks so much mom.

The MTC is such a roller coaster ride. Its so great. This week has been fantastic!! I totally understand why everyone says to make it to Sunday. Sunday was incredible. I felt the Spirit so strong all day. Our devotional was with Jenny Oaks Baker (I feel super lame that I didn't know that she was Elder Oak's child but now I do so its good) and it was awesome. She and her kids played a bunch of songs for us and she talked about some experiences they've had an it was just super cool. Then the whole MTC was required to watch "Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar. That talked about how we need to turn away from the natural man and turn outward like Christ would do when the natural instinct would be to turn inward. That hit me super hard and I realized I needed to stop feeling bad for myself and get to work. I had been missing my family and friends so much because you all are so awesome and I just love ya but it was making this work super hard. I still miss ya, I promise but its different. But after character of Christ the MTC president said he had a surprise for us and Elder Bednar and his wife came  and did a question and answer session with the whole MTC for an hour. Anyone that had any questions about The Character of Christ was able to ask him questions. It was amazing. The Spirit that an apostle of God brings is so amazing. At one point in time Sister Bednar was asked why they are always so happy so she answered but during her answer she said "Be happy, have cheer and count your blessings." I was reminded again of how blessed I am to know so many great people and have such a great family and I should be thankful for you all instead of being sad that I can't see ya. Its all good and that hour was seriously life changing and mission motivating. SO COOL!!!!!

On Monday Heavenly Father blessed me again with CHICK FIL A dinner. Oh my heck, it was awesome. I definitely needed that. So that was super awesome and then the elders thought I couldn't eat two sandwiches and I totally proved them wrong! hahahahh!! So yes mom(s) I am eating!!!

On Tuesday we had to take this Spanish test and it was so discouraging because I am terrible at Spanish. I actually cried like two tears after because I was so upset but then I realized I still hadn't been in the MTC for a week and I should chill out.

We taught our investigator three more times and it improved. The third and fourth lesson the spirit was even there which is amazing considering I don't know Spanish. Then we had a devotional that night with Elder Sitati from the 70 and his wife. I was reminded that I have people on both sides of the veil cheering me on and I was called by God to do this work.

My roommates and I figured out this week that we are all related. Like 6th cousins and 8th cousins hahaha! Hermana Anderson and I both feel like we have known each other our entire lives and that we have met before!

On Friday, my district was assigned to the tour so yes, I was at the end of the tour and got to talk to like a million people. It was so great. That's how you got all those pictures and then the lady that kinda supervises our dorm had to come to our room for something and I asked her to send you a pic. I got you mom, I'm glad you liked them! :) I'm always thinking of my family.

For gym, I have played basketball but it is hard to find a girl that knows how to play to guard me because I can't guard an Elder but its funny to see some elders react when they see I can make a 3 point shot! Our district is super close so we go play kickball and volley ball together and it is so fun. We are not the most athletic bunch and that makes it more fun! The grass was wet when we played kickball and everyone kept slipping and it was hilarious.

My schedule most of the time is breakfast, class for three hours, study time, lunch, study time, work out, study time, dinner, class, bedtime. Or its mixed up a little but that is generally how it goes. My companion and I get along really well and we love to talk so we get distracted a lot during our studies. We are already super close and have planned hanging out after the mission already. We decided that I'm and extroverted version of her and she is an introverted version of me. We both have super analytical personalities which can be good and bad at times but its great.

The Spirit at the MTC is so amazing and at first I couldn't really feel it but once I started to look for it,  I can feel it all the time. I also kind of didn't love it here at first but now I would recommend this to anyone even though it is hard.

Sorry this is so long. If you managed to make it to the end thank you and I have a question for you. Do you think Satan has the power to work harder on a group of people(missionaries)? Hermana Welch thinks that since we can feel the Spirit so strong that we can feel the other side as well? Thoughts are welcome.

I love you all!
My roommates and I. Hermana Welch is the tall one. My companion is next to me and Hermana Anderson is in chevron
My district

No comments:

Post a Comment